[Gluster-users] Setting up volume for virtualization

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 18:31:22 UTC 2019

 Both are bad. Why -> you have an "even" number of replicas and this can cause  split brain situation.I would recommend you to consider this approach:
Server A - Replica_A1Server B - Replica_A2,Arbiter_BServer C - Arbiter_A,Replica_B1
Server D - Replica_B2
As the arbiter doesn't require much resources, you can use it safely.The negative side of such deployment - you have 2 separate volumes which you have to manually balance the VM's images so both Volumes keep the same level of load.

Still, this is my own opinion and it might be a better solution.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

    В петък, 6 септември 2019 г., 12:54:48 ч. Гринуич+3, Cristian Del Carlo <cristian.delcarlo at targetsolutions.it> написа:

 Hi,
I have an environment consisting of 4 nodes ( with large disks).I have to create a volume to contain image of virtual machines.

Is it better to set a Distributed Replicated Volumes like this?
# gluster volume create test-volume replica 2 transport tcp server1:/exp1 server2:/exp2 server3:/exp3 server4:/exp4
Or a Replicated Volumes like this?

# gluster volume create test-volume replica 4 transport tcp server1:/exp1 server2:/exp2 server3:/exp3 server4:/exp4
Thanks,
--

Cristian Del Carlo