[Gluster-users] Client Handling of Elastic Clusters

Timothy Orme torme at ancestry.com
Wed Oct 16 18:13:54 UTC 2019

Yes, this makes the issue less likely, but doesn't make it impossible for something that is fully elastic.

For instance, if I had instead just started with A,B,C and then scaled out and in twice, all volfile servers would have potentially be destroyed and replaced.  I think the problem is that the selection of volfile servers is determined at mounting, rather than updating as the cluster changes.  There are ways to greatly reduce this issue, such as adding more backup servers, but it's still a possibility.

I think more important then, for me at least, is to have the option of failing when no volfile servers are remaining as it can produce incomplete views of the data.

Thanks!
Tim