[Gluster-users] determine filename from shard?

wkmail wkmail at bneit.com
Mon Oct 14 02:37:20 UTC 2019

We recently were trying to track down a high load situation on a KVM
node in a cluster running gluster (replication2 + arb).

Iotop on the affected node showed that gluster was involved showing
abnormally heavy writes. There wasn't any obvious activity on the
network coming into the VMs, so it was something internal to one of
them, so we had to keep looking

We then used gluster volume top which showed that a couple of shards
were being pounded but we didn't see a way to immediately associate
those shards with their VM file.

We eventually figured out the problem VM using other methods and
resolved the issue, but we would still like to know if there is a script
or recipe to determine what file a shard may belong to as that would
have sped up the resolution.

-wk