[Gluster-users] Georeplication questions

Satheesaran Sundaramoorthi sasundar at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 05:32:23 UTC 2019

Hello Wodel,

Glad to hear for considering gluster geo-replication for oVirt-gluster HC
infra.
More answers inline

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 3:54 PM wodel youchi <wodel.youchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> oVirt Hyperconverged disaster recovery uses georeplication to replicate
> the volume containing the VMs.
>
> What I know about georeplication is that it is an asynchronous replication.
>
> My questions are :
> - How the replication of the VMs is done, are only the changes
> synchronized?

Gluster geo-replication should be configured from the gluster volume that
backs the storage domain at your
site to other( at the remote site ). Gluste geo-rep uses 'rsync' under the
hoods, so post the first sync,
only the changes are synchronized

> - What is the interval of this replication? can this interval be
> configured taking into consideration the bandwidth of the replication link.

You have to make use of oVirt Manager to schedule your remote sync.
Click on gluster volume backed storage domain -> click on 'Remote data sync
setup' -> create a schedule

> - How can the RPO be measured in the case of a georeplication?

Its completely based on the schedule that you set.
Geo-replication process by itself, sets the checkpoint at the master volume
and it guarantees
that contents will be synced till that checkpoint to the slave, when
completed.

Thanks,
Satheesaran S ( sas )