[Gluster-users] Performance is falling rapidly when updating from v5.5 to v7.0

RAFI KC rkavunga at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 03:10:11 UTC 2019

I will take a look at the profile info shared. Since there is a huge
difference in the performance numbers between fuse and samba, it would
be great if we can get the profile info of fuse (on v7). This will help
to compare the number of calls for each fops. There should be some fops
that samba repeat, and we can find out it by comparing with fuse.

Also if possible, can you please get client profile info from fuse mount
using the command `setxattr -n trusted.io-stats-dump -v <logfile
/tmp/iostat.log> </mnt/fuse(mount point)>`.

Regards

Rafi KC

On 11/5/19 11:05 PM, David Spisla wrote:
> I did the test with Gluster 7.0 ctime disabled. But it had no effect:
> (All values in MiB/s)
> 64KiB    1MiB     10MiB
> 0,16       2,60       54,74
>
> Attached there is now the complete profile file also with the results
> from the last test. I will not repeat it with an higher inode size
> because I don't think this will have an effect.
> There must be another cause for the low performance

Yes. No need to try with higher inode size