[Gluster-users] Performance drop when upgrading from 3.8 to 6.5

Riccardo Murri riccardo.murri at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 04:24:59 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I have done some further testing and found out that I get the bad
performance with a freshly-installed cluster running 6.6. Also the
performance drop is there with plain `rsync` into the GlusterFS
mountpoint, so SAMBA plays no role in it.  In other words, for my
installations, performance of 6.5 and 6.6 is *half* of what 3.8 used
to deliver.

Was any default option changed (e.g., in the FUSE client) or in the
xlator stack that I can start looking at as a potential culprit?  Or
any direction where to look at for debugging?

Thanks for any help!

Riccardo