[Gluster-users] Proper command for replace-brick on distribute–replicate?

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:41:43 UTC 2019

Dear list,

In a recent discussion on this list Ravi suggested that the documentation
for replace-brick¹ was out of date. For a distribute–replicate volume the
documentation currently says that we need to kill the old brick's PID,
create a temporary empty directory on the FUSE mount, check the xattrs,
replace-brick with commit force.

Is all this still necessary? I'm running Gluster 5.6 on CentOS 7 with a
distribute–replicate volume.

Thank you,

¹ https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Administrator Guide/Managing Volumes/
--
Alan Orth
alan.orth at gmail.com
https://picturingjordan.com
https://englishbulgaria.net
https://mjanja.ch
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." ―Friedrich Nietzsche