[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Changing Hash of Large Files?

Matthew Evans runmatt at live.com
Sat Jul 27 13:30:31 UTC 2019

Hi Ravishankar - I figured out the issue. The 4th node was showing "online" under 'gluster peer status' as well as 'gluster volume status' - but 'gluster volume status' wasn't showing a TCP port for that 4th node. When I opened 49152 in firewalld and then re-copied the ISO, the hash didn't change.

So, now I guess the question would be, why would having one malfunctioning node override 3 functioning nodes and cause a file to be altered? I wasn't performing the initial copy onto the malfunctioning node.

matt at docker1:~$ sudo glusterfs --version
glusterfs 6.3

matt at docker1:~$ sudo gluster volume info

Volume Name: swarm-vols
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 0b51e6b3-786e-454e-8a16-89b47e94828a
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1 x 4 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks: