[Gluster-users] Isolated Client faster than Server+Client

Adam Cox adam at yoobra.com
Thu Jul 4 20:53:54 UTC 2019

Hi, I have been doing some testing of GlusterFS. I have 2 servers running
Gluster 6.3 (although same happening in version 3). 1 Server has 32gb ram
the other 4gb.

On both servers I also have the volume mounted using the Fuse client and
when I run a small of copy 100 x 1kb files it takes about 20 seconds to
complete.

The strange thing is if I spin up a 3rd server and set it up as a client on
the volume the same test completes in 2.7 seconds, almost 7.5 times faster.

Are there any known reasons for this behaviour?