[Gluster-users] Snapshots inconsistent state

Marcus Pedersén marcus.pedersen at slu.se
Tue Jul 9 11:02:36 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I have a problem with snapshots on my gluster system.
Running centos7 and gluster 4.1.3.
I am running a distributed-replicated system: 2 x (2 + 1)

I needed to remove some snapshots so I used:
gluster snapshot delete <snapshotname>

I missed that one of the snapshots were activated.
It took a long while before the command finished and
it finished with an error.

The problem now is that this snaphot is in an inconsistent state.
The snapshot is missing on node1 and on the rest of the nodes
(node2-6) it is activated and exist.
If I try to activate, deactivate or delete on node1 I get the error
Snapshot does not exist.
The snapshot exists in /run/gluster/snaps
But it is not mounted.

If I try deactivate or delete on any of the other nodes I get:
Pre Validation failed on node1

If I try to activate it on any other node I get:
Already activated.

How do I solve these issue?

Many thanks in advance!!

Regards
Marcus

* Marcus Pedersén                                *
* System administrator                           *
* Interbull Centre                               *
* Department of Animal Breeding & Genetics — SLU *
* Box 7023, SE-750 07                            *
* Uppsala, Sweden                                *
* Visiting address:                              *
* Room 55614, Ulls väg 26, Ultuna                *
* Uppsala                                        *
* Sweden                                         *
* Tel: +46-(0)18-67 1962                         *
*     ISO 9001 Bureau Veritas No SE004561-1      *