[Gluster-users] What is the right way to bring down a Glusterfs server for maintenance?

Strahil hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 04:16:21 UTC 2019

It's a replica 3 , right.

In my ovirt - I just run poweroff, but you can stop the glusterd.service and run this script:
/usr/share/glusterfs/scripts/stop-all-gluster-processes.sh

I think plain shutdown is enough.

After powering off , you can force a heal.

I have created  my own functions in .bashrc - 1 for full heal (using sharding here) and the second to check the status:

gluster-heal-all()
{
        for i in $(gluster volume list)
                do
                        gluster volume heal $i full
                done
}

gluster-heal-info()
{
        for i in $(gluster volume list)
                do
                        gluster volume heal $i info summary
                        echo;echo
                        sleep 2
                done
}

P.S.: Even if you don't trigger the heal - gluster has internal mechanism to do it for you.

Best Regards,