[Gluster-users] Default Port Range for Bricks

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 03:21:48 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:52 PM David Spisla <spisla80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Gluster Community,
>
> in glusterd.vol are parameters to define the port range for the bricks.
> They are commented out per default:
>
> # option base-port 49152
> # option max-port  65535
> I assume that glusterd is not using this range if the parameters are commented out.
>
> The current commented out config of base and max port you see defined in
the glusterd.vol are the same default which is defined in glusterd codebase
as well. The intention of introducing these options in the config was to
ensure if users want to bring in more granular control w.r.t port range the
same can be achieved by defining the range in this file.

However from glusterfs-6 onwards, we have fixed a bug 1659857 which will
consider the default max port to be 60999.