[Gluster-users] Access to Servers hangs after stop one server...

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:02:56 UTC 2019

Ok! Now I get it... However on server, server2, get me timeout when try
gluster v status. Cmd gluster v info works ok, but gluster v status hangs
and give up with Time out information.
Here is the gluster v status cmd:
gluster v status
Status of volume: Vol01
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick server1:/data/storage                 49164     0          Y
 684
Brick server2:/data/storage                 49157     0          Y
 610
Brick server3:/data/storage                 49155     0          Y
 621
Brick server4:/data/storage                 49155     0          Y
 594
Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y
 667
Self-heal Daemon on server4                 N/A       N/A        Y
 623
Self-heal Daemon on server1                 N/A       N/A        Y
 720
Self-heal Daemon on server3                 N/A       N/A        Y
 651

Task Status of Volume Vol01
There are no active volume tasks

And gluster v info
gluster vol info

Volume Name: Vol01
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 7b71f498-8512-4160-93a0-e32a8c70ecac
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 2 x 2 = 4
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: server1:/data/storage
Brick2: server2:/data/storage
Brick3: server3:/data/storage
Brick4: server4:/data/storage
Options Reconfigured:
nfs.disable: on
performance.readdir-ahead: on
transport.address-family: inet

Now fstab is like that:
server1:/Vol01 /mnt glusterfs
defaults,_netdev,backupvolfile-server=server2:server3:server4 0 0

As I am working here with 4 KVM VM - it's just a lab - when I suspend the
server1 - virsh suspend server1 - after some seconds I was able to access
/mnt mounted point with no problems.

So it's seems backupvolfile-server works fine, after all!
Thanks

---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

(47) 3025-5907