[Gluster-users] Access to Servers hangs after stop one server...

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 13:49:37 UTC 2019

Also note that, this way of mounting with a 'static' volfile is not
recommended as you wouldn't get any features out of gluster's Software
Defined Storage behavior.

this was an approach we used to have say 8 years before. With the
introduction of management daemon called glusterd, the way of dealing with
volfiles have changed, and it is created with gluster CLI.

About having /etc/fstab not hang when a server is down, search for
'backup-volfile-server' option with glusterfs, and that should be used.

Regards,
Amar

Amar Tumballi (amarts)