[Gluster-users] Increasing Bitrot speed glusterfs 4.1.6

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 09:10:33 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 1:50 PM Amudhan P <amudhan83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bitrot feature in Glusterfs is production ready or is it in beta phase?

We have not done extensive performance testing with BitRot, as it is known
to consume resources, and depending on the resources (CPU/Memory)
available, the speed would vary a lot.

With respect to the functionality, we have had no issues reported on the
feature in a long time now. It is also supported in Red Hat Gluster
product, and I haven't seen any bugs arising from there either.

For community, considering we are not doing active development effort on
the module, I would call the support at Beta phase.

-Amar

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:46 PM Amudhan P <amudhan83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Resending mail.
>>
>> I have a total size of 50GB files per node and it has crossed 5 days but
>> till now not completed bitrot signature process? yet 20GB+ files are
>> pending for completion.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:02 PM Amudhan P <amudhan83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How do I increase the speed of bitrot file signature process in
>>> glusterfs 4.1.6?
>>> Currently, it's processing 250 KB/s. is there any way to do the changes
>>> thru gluster cli?
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Amudhan

Amar Tumballi (amarts)