[Gluster-users] [External] Re: A broken file that can not be deleted

Davide Obbi davide.obbi at booking.com
Thu Jan 10 09:02:40 UTC 2019

does selfheal reports anything?
did you re-mount on the client side?
how the permissions are displayed for the file on the servers?

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:00 AM Raghavendra Gowdappa <rgowdapp at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 7:48 PM Dmitry Isakbayev <isakdim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am seeing a broken file that exists on 2 out of 3 nodes.
>>

> Wondering whether its a case of split brain.
>

>> The application trying to use the file throws file permissions error.
>> ls, rm, mv, touch all throw "Input/output error"
>>
>> $ ls -la
>> ls: cannot access .download_suspensions.memo: Input/output error
>> drwxrwxr-x. 2 ossadmin ossadmin  4096 Jan  9 08:06 .
>> drwxrwxr-x. 5 ossadmin ossadmin  4096 Jan  3 11:36 ..
>> -?????????? ? ?        ?            ?            ?
>> .download_suspensions.memo
>>
>> $ rm ".download_suspensions.memo"
>> rm: cannot remove ‘.download_suspensions.memo’: Input/output error

Davide Obbi
Senior System Administrator

Booking.com B.V.
Vijzelstraat 66-80 Amsterdam 1017HL Netherlands
Direct +31207031558
[image: Booking.com] <https://www.booking.com/>
Empowering people to experience the world since 1996
43 languages, 214+ offices worldwide, 141,000+ global destinations, 29
million reported listings
Subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)