[Gluster-users] usage of harddisks: each hdd a brick? raid?

Hu Bert revirii at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:25:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

> > We ara also using 10TB disks, heal takes 7-8 days.
> > You can play with "cluster.shd-max-threads" setting. It is default 1 I
> > think. I am using it with 4.
> > Below you can find more info:
> > https://access.redhat.com/solutions/882233
> cluster.shd-max-threads: 8
> cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000

Our setup:
cluster.shd-max-threads: 2
cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000

> >> Volume Name: shared
> >> Type: Distributed-Replicate
> A, you have distributed-replicated volume, but I choose only replicated
> (for beginning simplicity :)
> May be replicated volume are healing faster?

Well, maybe our setup with 3 servers and 4 disks=bricks == 12 bricks,
resulting in a distributed-replicate volume (all /dev/sd{a,b,c,d}
identical) , isn't optimal? And it would be better to create a
replicate 3 volume with only 1 (big) brick per server (with 4 disks:
either a logical volume or sw/hw raid)?

But it would be interesting to know if a replicate volume is healing
faster than a distributed-replicate volume - even if there was only 1
faulty brick.

Thx
Hubert