[Gluster-users] Glusterfs 4.1.6

Ashish Pandey aspandey at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 08:30:19 UTC 2019

----- Original Message -----

From: "Hu Bert" <revirii at googlemail.com>
To: "Ashish Pandey" <aspandey at redhat.com>
Cc: "Gluster Users" <gluster-users at gluster.org>
Sent: Monday, January 7, 2019 1:28:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Glusterfs 4.1.6

Hi,

thx Ashish for the clarification. Just another question... so the
commands in case of a hdd (lets say sdd) failure and identical brick
paths (mount: /gluster/bricksdd1) should look like this:

gluster volume reset-brick $volname /gluster/bricksdd1 start
>> change hdd, create partition & filesystem, mount <<
gluster volume reset-brick $volname $host:/gluster/bricksdd1
$host:/gluster/bricksdd1 commit force

>>> Correct.

Is it possible to change the mountpoint/brick name with this command?
In my case:
old: /gluster/bricksdd1_new
new: /gluster/bricksdd1
i.e. only the mount point is different.

gluster volume reset-brick $volname $host:/gluster/bricksdd1_new
$host:/gluster/bricksdd1 commit force

I would try to:
- gluster volume reset-brick $volname $host:/gluster/bricksdd1_new start
- reformat sdd etc.
- gluster volume reset-brick $volname $host:/gluster/bricksdd1_new
$host:/gluster/bricksdd1 commit force

>>> I think it is not possible. At least this is what we tested during and after development.
We would consider the above case as replace-brick and not as reset-brick.

thx
Hubert