[Gluster-users] remove arbiter to add new brick - possible?

Xavi Hernandez jahernan at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 07:43:09 UTC 2019

Hi Brigit,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 3:16 PM DUCARROZ Birgit <birgit.ducarroz at unifr.ch>
wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have a replica 3 volume with arbiter.
> Now I would like to add a new brick.
> How can I do this?

When you expand a volume you need to add as many bricks as necessary to
create a new replica set. In your case you need to add 3 more bricks (2
data bricks and 1 arbiter) to expand the volume.

You can check the documentation [1] for more information.

Xavi

[1]
https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Managing%20Volumes/#expanding-volumes