[Gluster-users] How to update quota usage?

Eduardo Mayoral emayoral at arsys.es
Thu Dec 12 12:36:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

    Sorry if this question is a little naive, but I have not been able
to find and answer in the documentation.

    I have enabled per-directory quotas in a gluster volume (gluster
6.5), for approximately 2000 different paths. When I enabled the quotas
there was already data (files) on many of those paths. After waiting for
quite some time, I still see a big number of paths for which the
command  "gluster volume quota gfs_vol01 list" still reports "0Bytes" as
used (and I have checked that many of those indeed have data). I suspect
that the quota usage for a given path only gets updated if a file is
written in said path.

    Other than creating and deleting a small file on each path, is there
some other way to trigger an update on the quota usage?

    Also, is there some way to get the information on quota usage (like
the command "gluster volume quota gfs_vol01 list" ), but in a more
machine-readable format? (i.e.: not in a human-readable number but just
the number of bytes /MB / whatever , so I can more easily process the
output with a script)

    Thank you very much for your help!

--
Eduardo Mayoral Jimeno
Systems engineer, platform department. Arsys Internet.