[Gluster-users] Switching from Debian Packages to Gluster Community Packages

Michael Böhm dudleyperkins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 13:19:34 UTC 2019

Hey folks,

Question ist essentially in the Subject. Right now i'm running Debian
oldstable/stretch with Gluster 3.8.8 from the normal repo and i'm thinking
about switching to the community repo from gluster.

I couldn't find much about which problems i can expect. I checked the
packages, and besides that the debian packages still have init-scripts and
the ones from gluster are already systemd offering only the unit file.

In the end i would like to get from gluster 3 -> 6 in as few steps as
possible, if i stay in with the debian packages that would mean:
3.8.8 (stretch) -> 4.1 (stretch-backports) -> 5.5 (buster) -> 6.4
(buster-backports)

If i can use the gluster-repos that would be only:
3.8.8 (stretch) -> 3.12 (gluster-repo) -> 6.5 (gluster-repo)

Will this be possible? And of course i want to do that online, i have only
replicate and distributed-replicate volumes.

Regards

Mika