[Gluster-users] MPIO for Single Client?

Strahil hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 25 07:56:10 UTC 2019

Hi Mathew,

If you use FUSE mount, the client is connecting to all servers in the volume and thus it works like MPIO.
For example - 3 replica volume has the same data in all 3 gluster servers and thus the cluent has 3 'paths' to the volume.
If one fails, a timeout will occur and thr client will stop trying to update that server's bricks.

Of course, you can have multiple IPs defined per gluster server and thus the client will try to reach the server's bricks by any IP in the configuration.

For example, Brick A has '192.168.1.2' & '192.168.2.2'. There will be no constant connection over both IPs, but as far as I know the client will try the second IP.

Best Regards,