[Gluster-users] Brick Reboot => VMs slowdown, client crashes

Carl Sirotic csirotic at evoqarchitecture.com
Fri Aug 23 13:53:53 UTC 2019

However,

I must have misunderstood the whole concept of gluster.

In a replica 3, for me, it's completely unacceptable, regardless of the
options, that all my VMs go down when I reboot one node.

The whole purpose of having a full 3 copy of my data on the fly is
suposed to be this.

I am in the process of sharding every file.

But even if the healing time would be longer, I would still expect a
non-sharded replica 3 brick with vm boot disk, to not go down if I
reboot one of its copy.

I am not very impressed by gluster so far.

Carl