[Gluster-users] Can I create a distributed dispersed volume with RAM drives?

Ewen Chan alpha754293 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 23:47:08 UTC 2019

Vijay:

Here is what it says:

[root at node1 brick1]# gluster volume create gv0 stripe 4 node1:/bricks/brick1/gv0 node2:/bricks/brick1/gv0 node3:/bricks/brick1/gv0 node4:/bricks/brick1/gv0
stripe option not supported

Usage:
volume create <NEW-VOLNAME> [stripe <COUNT>] [replica <COUNT> [arbiter <COUNT>]] [disperse [<COUNT>]] [disperse-data <COUNT>] [red
undancy <COUNT>] [transport <tcp|rdma|tcp,rdma>] <NEW-BRICK>... [force]

It says that the stripe option is not supported, but then in the usage right below it, it gives the correct syntax for how to use the gluster volume create command.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ewen