[Gluster-users] Settings for VM hosting

Strahil hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 17:23:24 UTC 2019

Sharding has one benefit for me (oVirt)  ->  faster  heal after maintenance.
Otherwise imagine 150 GB VM disk - while you reboot recently patched node ,  all  files on the running replica will be marked for replication.
Either it will consume alot of CPU ( to find the neccessary ofsets for heal) or use full heal and replicate the whole file.

With sharding - it's quite simple and fast.

Best Regards,