[Gluster-users] Settings for VM hosting

nl at fischer-ka.de nl at fischer-ka.de
Thu Apr 18 13:44:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have setup my storage for my nodes (also replica 3, but distributed
replicated volume with some more nodes) just some weeks ago based on the
"virt group" as recommended ... and here is mine:

cluster.choose-local: off
user.cifs: off
features.shard: on
cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000
cluster.shd-max-threads: 8
cluster.locking-scheme: granular
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: diff
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
cluster.quorum-type: auto
cluster.eager-lock: enable
network.remote-dio: enable
performance.low-prio-threads: 32
performance.io-cache: off
performance.read-ahead: off
performance.quick-read: off
performance.client-io-threads: off
nfs.disable: on
transport.address-family: inet
cluster.granular-entry-heal: enable

I only changed the data-self-heal-algorithm because CPU is not limiting
that much on my nodes so I chose that over bandwith (based on my
understanding of the docs).

I have some more nodes, so sharding will better distribute the data
between my nodes

Ingo