[Gluster-users] Reg: Gluster

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 13:09:22 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-04-16 at 11:27 +0530, Poornima Gurusiddaiah wrote:
> +Sunny
>
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2019, 9:02 PM Gomathi Nayagam <
> gomathinayagam08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi User,
> >
> >                     We are testing geo-replication of gluster it is
> > taking nearly 8 mins to transfer 16 GB size of data between the DCs
> > while when transferred the same data over plain rsync it took only
> > 2 mins. Can we know if we are missing something?
> >

> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Gomathi Nayagam.D

Geo-replication does many things to keep information about synced data
and track the new changes happened in the master Volume. Geo-
replication shines better when doing incremental sync that is when new
data is created or existing data is modified in Master volume.

Are you observing slowness even during incremental sync? (Current time
- Last Synced time in status output shows how much Slave Volume is
lagging compared to Master Volume)

--
regards
Aravinda