[Gluster-users] Upgrade 5.5 -> 5.6: network traffic bug fixed?

Hu Bert revirii at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:54:49 UTC 2019

Hi Poornima,

thx for your efforts. I made a couple of tests and the results are the
same, so the options are not related. Anyway, i'm not able to
reproduce the problem on my testing system, although the volume
options are the same.

About 1.5 hours ago i set performance.quick-read to on again and
watched: load/iowait went up (not bad at the moment, little traffic),
but network traffic went up - from <20 MBit/s up to 160 MBit/s. After
deactivating quick-read traffic dropped to < 20 MBit/s again.

munin graph: https://abload.de/img/network-client4s0kle.png

The 2nd peak is from the last test.

Thx,
Hubert