[Gluster-users] Replica 3: Client access via FUSE failed if two bricks are down

Felix Kölzow felix.koelzow at gmx.de
Fri Apr 12 15:04:02 UTC 2019

Dear Gluster-Community,

I created a test-environment to test a gluster volume with replica 3.

Afterwards, I am able to manually mount the gluster volume using FUSE.

mount command:

mount -t glusterfs  -o backup-volfile-servers=gluster01:gluster02
gluster00:/ifwFuse /mnt/glusterfs/ifwFuse

Just for a testing purpose, I shutdown *two* (arbitrary) bricks and one
brick keeps still online

and accessible via ssh. If I poweroff the two machines, I immediately
get the following error message:

ls: cannot open directory .: Transport endpoint is not connected

 From my understanding of replica 3, even if two bricks are broken the
client should be able to

have access to the data. Actually, I don't know how to solve that issue.
Any idea is welcome!

If you need any log-file as further information, just give me a hint!

Thanks in advance.

Felix