[Gluster-users] [External] Replica 3 - how to replace failed node (peer)

Martin Toth snowmailer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:34:37 UTC 2019

I’ve read this documentation but step 4 is really unclear to me. I don’t understand related mkdir/rmdir/setfattr and so on.

Step 4:
Using the gluster volume fuse mount (In this example: /mnt/r2) set up metadata so that data will be synced to new brick (In this case it is from Server1:/home/gfs/r2_1 to Server1:/home/gfs/r2_5)

Why should I change trusted.non-existent-key on this volume?
It is even more confusing because other mentioned howtos does not contain this step at all.

BR,
Martin