[Gluster-users] Replica 3 - how to replace failed node (peer)

Karthik Subrahmanya ksubrahm at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 10:20:40 UTC 2019

Hi Martin,

After you add the new disks and creating raid array, you can run the
following command to replace the old brick with new one:

- If you are going to use a different name to the new brick you can run
gluster volume replace-brick <volname> <old-brick> <new-brick> commit force

- If you are planning to use the same name for the new brick as well then
you can use
gluster volume reset-brick <volname> <old-brick> <new-brick> commit force
Here old-brick & new-brick's hostname &  path should be same.

After replacing the brick, make sure the brick comes online using volume
status.
Heal should automatically start, you can check the heal status to see all
the files gets replicated to the newly added brick. If it does not start
automatically, you can manually start that by running gluster volume heal
<volname>.

HTH,
Karthik