[Gluster-users] Gluster and LVM

Felix Kölzow felix.koelzow at gmx.de
Mon Apr 8 07:37:50 UTC 2019

Thank you very much for your response.

I fully agree that using LVM has great advantages. Maybe there is a
misunderstanding,

but I really got the recommendation to not use (normal) LVM in
combination with gluster to

increase the volume. *Maybe someone in the community has some good or
bad experience*

*using LVM and gluster in combination.* So please let me know :)

> One of the arguments for things like Gluster and Ceph is that you can
> many storage nodes that operate in parallel so that the ideal is a
> very large number of small drive arrays over a small number of very
> large drive arrays.
I also agree we that. In our case, we actually plan to get Redhat
Gluster Storage Support and an increase of

storage nodes would mean an increase of support costs while the same
amount of storage volume is available.

So we are looking for a reasonable compromise.

Felix