[Gluster-users] Gluster 5.5 slower than 3.12.15

Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan atumball at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 08:35:07 UTC 2019

Strahil,

With some basic testing, we are noticing the similar behavior too.

One of the issue we identified was increased n/w usage in 5.x series (being
addressed by https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/22404/), and there
are few other features which write extended attributes which caused some
delay.

We are in the process of publishing some numbers with release-3.12.x,
release-5 and release-6 comparison soon. With some numbers we are already
seeing release-6 currently is giving really good performance in many
configurations, specially for 1x3 replicate volume type.

While we continue to identify and fix issues in 5.x series, one of the
request is to validate release-6.x (6.0 or 6.1 which would happen on April
10th), so you can see the difference in your workload.

Regards,
Amar

Amar Tumballi (amarts)