[Gluster-users] Cross-compiling GlusterFS

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 08:50:42 UTC 2019

On 01/04/19 1:20 PM, François Duport wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to cross-compile GlusterFS because I don't want my embedded
> client Todo it and each time I reset my client. So I want the compile
> application to be in my rom image.
>
> That said in appearance I did succeeded in my cross compilation but
> when I do a 'make Destdir='pwd'/out install' in out there's only a
> 'lib' and a 'include' folder. I can't find the associated bin folder.

I did not attempt a cross compile but `make install
DESTDIR=/tmp/DELETE/` did put everything including the binaries inside
/tmp/DELETE on a local install. Perhaps you could search the verbose
output during the install for names of binaries to see if and where they
are getting installed. For example, scrolling through the output and
searching for glfsheal, I see

/usr/bin/mkdir -p '/tmp/DELETE//usr/local/sbin'
   /bin/sh ../../libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c glfsheal
'/tmp/DELETE//usr/local/sbin'
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/glfsheal
/tmp/DELETE//usr/local/sbin/glfsheal

Hope that helps.

Ravi