[Gluster-users] vfs_gluster broken

Terry McGuire tmcguire at ualberta.ca
Mon Sep 24 16:16:02 UTC 2018

> On Sep 21, 2018, at 05:18, Anoop C S <anoopcs at autistici.org> wrote:
>
> Base on your explanation I would repeat my previous request to remove [IPC$] and follow what I
> suggested above on moving "vfs objects" to individual shares.

Ok, I’ve now rearranged my smb.conf files on our test system to prevent the IPC$ issue, and I’ve removed the IPC$ stanza.  testparm -s no longer warns about IPC$ stuff, but it still complains about idmap range.  There’s no difference in behaviour regarding vfs_gluster issue.

> Isn't shares [share1] and [module] same?

It is.  I created new shares of the same directory, with obvious names, to explore different configs as I diagnosed the issue.

Terry