[Gluster-users] Gluster tier in progress after attach

Jeevan Patnaik g1patnaik at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:47:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have created a 18 disk replica 3 volume and created 1000 random files
each of 10M.

Later I have attached 15 disk replica 3 tier with each hot tier disk coming
from cold tier host, except on 3 (as we don't have hot tier disk)

After attach, I see no files are promoted at even after 15 minutes. Status
is showing as In progress.

Is it always this much slow? For 10G data, 15 minutes is too much
Also will the data try to be promoted to a hot tier coming from the same
host to reduce the time taken to move the files?

Cold tier is made of RAID supported SSD and hot tier is made of NVMe SSDs.

Regards,
Jeevan.