[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 3.13 ?

Nicolas SCHREVEL nicolas.schrevel at l3ia.fr
Fri Sep 14 06:49:12 UTC 2018

Le 13/09/2018 à 16:01, Shyam Ranganathan a écrit :
> On 09/13/2018 09:52 AM, John Strunk wrote:
>> I believe the ask is also around instructions for actually obtaining the
>> new bits from the distros... what repos need to be changed (if any) and
>> whether old packages need to be removed.
> Agree, I was looking at that as the latter part of the question, with
> the former around 3.13 missing in reference.
>
> I do not have enough Ubuntu fu to answer that one, so leaving that out
> for now.

OK i'll try theses steps then :

1. Like in upgrade Guide, i will stop Gluster and Services (Step 1,1
from https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Upgrade-Guide/upgrade_to_4.1/)
2. Remove PPA 3.13 : sudo ppa-purge ppa:gluster/glusterfs-3.13 && sudo
apt-get update
3. Add PPA 4.1 : sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gluster/glusterfs-4.1 &&
sudo apt-get update
4. Install Gluster 4.1 : sudo apt-get install glusterfs-server