[Gluster-users] directory quotas non existing directory failing

Hari Gowtham hgowtham at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 05:12:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

Can you point to the right place in doc where it is mentioned as above?
Need to understand the context in which it was mentioned.

As far as I know, it is not possible to do so.
Quota's limits are stored on the directory itself.
Without the directory being there quota can't store the limit for
future directories.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 4:48 PM Davide Obbi <davide.obbi at booking.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> According to glusterdoc:
>
> Note You can set the disk limit on the directory even if it is not created. The disk limit is enforced immediately after creating that directory.
> However if i try to set the limit on direcotries not exsiting on the volume i get:
>
> quota command failed : Failed to get trusted.gfid attribute on path /rhomes/davide. Reason : No such file or directory
> please enter the path relative to the volume
>
> glusterfs 4.1.2
>
> Based on this i hoped that would be possible to create some sort of wildcard quota like:
>
> gluster volume quota homes limit-usage /rhomes/* 20GB

Hari Gowtham.