[Gluster-users] Kicking a stuck heal

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 11:31:44 UTC 2018

On 09/10/2018 03:28 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:

> +de Vos, Niels <mailto:ndevos at redhat.com> +Keithley, Kaleb
> <mailto:kkeithle at redhat.com> +Shyam <mailto:srangana at redhat.com>  Does Debian community do any feature/stability testing for glusterfs to
> make sure that the releases are more stable than the releases the
> gluster community does? Do you guys know? As far as I understand the deb
> packages from stable branches of glusterfs are included in the release?

Copying Patrick for an authoritative answer.

AFAIK they do _no_ testing other than 'does it build.'

Unless I'm very much mistaken, once they pick a version for a
distribution (e.g. 3.8 for jessie) then that's what they ship for the
life of that distribution.

Which is why the Gluster Community provides 'convenience' packages on
download.gluster.org, LaunchPad PPA, OBS, and the CentOS Storage SIG.

HTH

--

Kaleb