[Gluster-users] Enable NFS at gluster volume

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:33:24 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have a gluster replica 3 setup with several volumes used for ovirt.
One of the volumes was set with NFS enabled.
After upgrading to 3.12.13 the NFS service was disabled at the gluster
volume.
I ran the command to enable the NFS and received the following:

gluster volume set iso nfs.disable off
Gluster NFS is being deprecated in favor of NFS-Ganesha Enter "yes" to
continue using Gluster NFS (y/n) y
volume set: success

gluster volume status iso
Status of volume: iso
Gluster process                             TCP Port  RDMA Port  Online  Pid
Brick gluster1:/gluster/iso/brick           49154     0          Y
2241
Brick gluster2:/gluster/iso/brick           49154     0          Y
2280
Brick gluster0:/gluster/iso/brick           49153     0          Y
2251
NFS Server on localhost                     N/A       N/A        N
N/A
Self-heal Daemon on localhost               N/A       N/A        Y
13979
NFS Server on gluster1                      2049      0          Y
23413
Self-heal Daemon on gluster1                N/A       N/A        Y
9661
NFS Server on gluster2                      2049      0          Y
27968
Self-heal Daemon on gluster2                N/A       N/A        Y
20347

Task Status of Volume iso
There are no active volume tasks

The NFS is enabled againa at all nodes running the 3.8 version while it is
still showing as down at the upgraded note.

Is there any way to enable NFS at the upgraded node?
I am not familiar with NFS ganesha and I would like to temporarily enable
NFS at the volume.

Thanx,
Alex