[Gluster-users] Should I be using gluster 3 or gluster 4?

Jeevan Patnaik g1patnaik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:04:51 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I see gluster 3 has reached end of life and gluster 5 has just been
introduced.

Is gluster 4.1.5 stable enough for production deployment? I see by default
gluster docs point  to v3  only  and there  are no gluster docs  for 4 or
5.  Why so? And I'm mainly looking for a stable gluster tiering feature and
Kernek NFS support. I faced few issues with tiering in 3.14 and so thinking
if I should switch to 4.1.5, as it will be a production deployment.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jeevan.