[Gluster-users] NFS-Ganesha question

Renaud Fortier Renaud.Fortier at fsaa.ulaval.ca
Mon Oct 15 14:14:04 UTC 2018

Hi,
We are currently facing a strange behaviour with our cluster. Right now I'm running bitrot scrub against the volume but I'm not sure it will help finding the problem. Anyway, my question is about nfs-ganesha and NFSv4. Since this strange behaviour begun, I read alot and I found that idmapd is needed for NFSv4. If I run rpcinfo or ps -ef |grep idmapd on our nodes, I don't see it.

Is rpc.idmapd supposed to be running when using nfs-ganesha 2.6.3 with gluster 4.1.5 ?

Thank you