[Gluster-users] "Solving" a recurrent "performing entry selfheal on [...]" on my bricks

Hoggins! fuckspam at wheres5.com
Sun Oct 7 16:14:11 UTC 2018

Hello list,

My Gluster cluster has a condition, I'd like to know how to cure it.

The setup: two bricks, replicated, with an arbiter.
On brick 1, the /var/log/glusterfs/glustershd.log is quite empty, not
much activity, everything looks fine.
On brick 2, /var/log/glusterfs/glustershd.log shows a lot of these:
    [MSGID: 108026] [afr-self-heal-entry.c:887:afr_selfheal_entry_do]
0-mailer-replicate-0: performing entry selfheal on
9df5082b-d066-4659-91a4-5f2ad943ce51
    [MSGID: 108026] [afr-self-heal-entry.c:887:afr_selfheal_entry_do]
0-mailer-replicate-0: performing entry selfheal on
ba8c0409-95f5-499d-8594-c6de15d5a585

These entries are repeated everyday, every ten minutes or so.

Now if we list the contents of the directory represented by file ID
9df5082b-d066-4659-91a4-5f2ad943ce51:
On brick 1:
    drwx------. 2 1005 users 102400 13 sept. 17:03 cur
    -rw-------. 2 1005 users     22 14 mars   2016 dovecot-keywords
    -rw-------. 2 1005 users      0  6 janv.  2015 maildirfolder
    drwx------. 2 1005 users      6 30 juin   2015 new
    drwx------. 2 1005 users      6  4 oct.  17:46 tmp

On brick 2:
    drwx------. 2 1005 users 102400 25 mai   11:00 cur
    -rw-------. 2 1005 users     22 14 mars   2016 dovecot-keywords
    -rw-------. 2 1005 users  80559 25 mai   11:00 dovecot-uidlist
    -rw-------. 2 1005 users      0  6 janv.  2015 maildirfolder
    drwx------. 2 1005 users      6 30 juin   2015 new
    drwx------. 2 1005 users      6  4 oct.  17:46 tmp

(note the "dovecot-uidlist" file present on brick 2 but not on brick 1)

Also, checking directory sizes fur the cur/ directory:
On brick 1:
    165872    cur/

On brick 2:
    161516    cur/

BUT the number of files is the same on the two bricks for the cur/
directory:
    $~ ls -l cur/ | wc -l
    1135

So now you've got it: it's inconsistent between the two data bricks.

On the arbiter, all seems good, the directory listing looks like what is
on brick 2.
Same kind of situation happens for file ID
ba8c0409-95f5-499d-8594-c6de15d5a585.

I'm sure that having this situation is not good and needs to be sorted
out, so what can I do?

Thanks for your help!

    Hoggins!