[Gluster-users] Can glusterd be restarted running on all nodes at once while clients are mounted?

Jeevan Patnaik g1patnaik at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 10:55:39 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have different issues:

I have restarted glusterd service on my 72 nodes almost parallelly with
ansible while the gluster NFS clients are in mounted state

After that many of the gluster peers went to rejected state. In logs, I see
msg id 106010 stating that checksum doesn't match.

I'm confused which checksum is that and how is it changed after I restart.

I restarted because gluster volume status commands gives timeout. I have
tiering enabled on the volume and was trying to detach. And that too never
completed. The status shows only in  progress even the tiered volume
contains only a few 100 8MB filese I created for testing.

my overall experience with gluster tiering is really bad :(

Besides, what's the best way to restore old state if something goes wrong?
Till now, I have been using no volfile at all.. I only use volume status
commands to configure my cluster. Do I need to use a volfile inorder to
restore something?

Gluster version is 3.12.15
I have checked the op Version on all nodes and they all are same.

 Regards
Jeevan।