[Gluster-users] GCS milestone 0.3

John Strunk jstrunk at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 20:17:22 UTC 2018

Today, we are announcing the availability of GCS (Gluster Container
Storage) 0.3. GCS is following a release cadence of 2 weeks for all the
point releases leading up to 1.0. This enables developers and users to get
an overall experience of the latest changes on a more frequent basis. From
GCS 1.0 onward, we’ll re-evaluate the release cadance and update the list.

Highlights and updates since v0.2:
- Initial Prometheus and Grafana integration
- Glusterd2 container includes gluster-prometheus to export metrics
- CSI driver now supports snapshots
- CSI driver is pulled from a different location (that contains auto-built
images)

Included components:
- Glusterd2: https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2
- Gluster CSI driver: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-csi-driver
- Gluster-prometheus: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-prometheus

To get started with this snapshot, please see the releases page [1] and the
deploy instructions [2].

If you are interested in contributing, please see [3] or contact the
gluster-devel mailing list.

Regards,
Team GCS

[1] https://github.com/gluster/gcs/releases