[Gluster-users] Is it recommended for Glustereventsd be running on all nodes?

Jeevan Patnaik g1patnaik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:10:34 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I have implemented a webhook and attached to glustereventsd to listen to
events and to send alerts on critical events.

So, I categorized events manually critical, informational and warning.

We are interested in only events that can cause issue to end users like
BRICK_DISCONNECTED (reducing redundancy of the volume), QUORUM_LOST
(possible downtime of subvoume), QUOTA_CROSSES_SOFTLIMIT, AFR_SPLIT_BRAIN
etc. and not included any other events that are resulted while some one
does admin tasks like PEER_ATTACH.

And I see atleast some events are local to the node like PEER_ATTACH  and
doesn't appear from other gluster node.

My idea is to run glustereventsd service only on a gluster admin node, to
avoid possible load on the storage serving nodes due to traffic caused by
webhook events.

So, my question is are there any events local to node, which will be missed
in admin node but are fatal to end users, assuming that the admin node will
always be running?