[Gluster-users] latency limits of glusterfs for replicated mod

Vlad Kopylov vladkopy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:32:27 UTC 2018

Works with same latency for me on 3.12.15
Only problem is that read and write gets slow.
If you host VMs having hypervisor use gfapi: writes will be acceptable, but
read will wonder through nodes, obviously slowing down. 0.3 to 13 ms x 2
around 100 times slower.

There is select local and latency(and queue) read replica selection
functionality in progress https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/520
Plus halo writes from facehook to make writes replicate on background.
Though I was unable to confirm readiness of any of above functionality in
practice. You can follow or file github issues.