[Gluster-users] does your samba work with 4.1.x (centos 7.5)

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 20:11:21 UTC 2018

On 09/11/2018 15:08, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 11/9/18 8:12 AM, lejeczek wrote:
>> hi guys
>>
>> I presume because 4.1.x has been in EPEL repo it is confirmed and
>> validated to work 100% with default samba installation.
> GlusterFS — any version — is _not_ in EPEL.
>
> However it is in the CentOS Storage SIG.
all glusterfs I see & get is simply from/by installing packages, eg

centos-release-gluster312-1.0-2.el7.centos.noarch

centos-release-gluster41-1.0-3.el7.centos.noarch

These are simply repo packages but still these repos points to centos'
own mirrors.

To me it seems like all gluster versions are there in Centos, so is Samba.

So I do not tamper with packages, nor I get/use extra third party repos.

Thus my question is valid and correct - anybody would assume that these
should be tested, specifically Samba against glusterfs, especially
against 4.1.x

No?