[Gluster-users] nfs mounts as bricks

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 11:51:40 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 02:26:50PM +0300, Oğuz Yarımtepe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do any glusterfs version support NFS exports as Gluster bricks. I read an
> entry at 2005, the answer is no. Is is still no?

Indeed, still 'no'. Gluster depends on support for external attributes
on the bricks. New NFS-server could support those now, as I think this
optional feature has been included in the NFSv4.2 specification. I don't
know if any NFS-server implements extended attribute support yet, and if
the Linux NFS-client can use it.

Niels