[Gluster-users] RDMA inline threshold?

Stefan Solbrig stefan.solbrig at ur.de
Wed May 30 10:34:01 UTC 2018

Dear Dan,

thanks for the quick reply!

I actually tried restarting all processes (and even rebooting all servers), but the error persists. I can also confirm that all birck processes are running.   My volume is a distrubute-only volume (not dispersed, no sharding).

I also tried mounting with use_readdirp=no,  because the error seems to be connected to readdirp, but this option does not change anything.

I found to options I might try:  (gluster volume get myvolumename  all | grep readdirp )
   performance.force-readdirp              true
   dht.force-readdirp                      on
Can I turn off these safely? (or what precisely do they do?)

I also assured that all glusterd processes have  unlimited locked memory.

Just to state it clearly:  I do _not_ see any data corruption.  Just the directory listings do not work (in very rare cases) with rdma transport:
"ls"  shows only a part of the files.
but then I do:
     stat  /path/to/known/filename
it succeeds, and even
   md5sum /path/to/known/filename/that/does/not/get/listed/with/ls
yields the correct result.

best wishes,
Stefan